Wednesday 6 July 2016

AN INSIGHT

I wish I had a stronger back bone back home !!! I wish I belonged to those upper class of families , but I did not , I hail from a very simple family , and when I say that , I mean in all aspects, financially, socially , and technically geographically as well !!
When I say I come from a city called " Ankleshwar" most of you either don't know about it or most of them are busy wondering why I share my last name with the city , but it is what it , lol !!
Now let me take a moment to give my fellow readers an insight !!
Because I know that a lot of you share a similar life story as mine ,
It's from my heart to yours.
It makes me strong and gives me a sense of pride that it is because that I did not have a stable and supportive platform to start with is what has made me work harder everyday and pushed me to make it on my own .
Yes sometimes I envy my friends, who had a better life than mine , cuz it gave them flexibility to focus completely on their own goals and not worry about just being able to keep up with basic necessities of life , but I am happy as well for them cuz you were lucky enough to have that opportunity, please appreciate it, be thankful to your families for they have worked hard their entire lives to give you that golden spoon !!
A lot of us don't enjoy that luxury , for me , I had to focus on a lot of other things apart from my goals.
My father, a very honest man, hard working, full of self respect , honour and dignity , gave all of his life's treasure and experience to me, he did everything he could in his reach and beyond that to help me get started !! It's a different story that his reach was limited , but he did everything he could, if I were to brief his contribution I would say " He gave me his life", and and today when I look back , I realize that I have come a long way since he helped me get started and and I still have miles to go and I will !!!
I was not born with a golden spoon and looks like it will take me quite sometime to reach their , but I'll get there someday and I know, it's work in progress !
I don't shy away from the fact that I don't belong to any affluent family , and I believe that's what has taught me, to never look down on any one , it has taught me to be honest and go all the way in to achieve what you want in life , to begin with, coming to Canada was a far fetched dream , no one in my family has even taken a flight before , and that might be surprising to a lot of people reading this , I was the first one to fly, I was the first free bird with wings in my family ,and that's because of their sacrifice that I could fly !!
I had a goal , a dream , I dared to dream beyond my reach , and my father did everything he could , to help me get started and take my first step.
An immense flow of respect comes from my heart when I talk about him , what a brilliant man, with such low resources but a very profound mind and heart , he never gave up on me , he felt bad when he failed at times , but not cuz he failed but cuz he could not give me all the worlds riches , but he never stopped , he tried and tried again and at the verge of his retirement, I still see him waking up early in the morning and going to work every single day !!!
I say again, "what a brilliant man, my father "
I am not a famous person but I have a fair share of my readers and friends, my young cousins , my juniors from college and school, some friends and family who look up to me at times ,
And unfortunately Some people envy my life , the way I dress, the way I look and the way I live my life here , the way I communicate, the way I behave.
If you are one of those people, I ask you to not feel that way, cuz you will have your own pride and battles and please own it , no one else can feel the way u do when you walk in your own shoes and when u fight your own battles !!
Appreciate what you have and be happy for what you are , and if you want something more from your life, don't complain, get out there and work towards it, and I know , sooner or later it will come to you , just don't quit !!!
Please don't compare or feel bad about yourself or your lives cuz you might feel others have it better then you , cuz trust me, they have their own hidden skeletons !!! No one has got it perfect !! Not even the most affluent people !
That's the beauty of life, you won't be able to explore its mysteries , you won't have the curiosity and a chance to venture your options , if life was perfect or if everyone had everything !!!
That being said, everything that you see about me, I have worked hard to achieve that, my family has sacrificed the little they had to put me where I stand , and I feel a sense of pride that I can own my life today and not be obliged to give explanations for the things that I do the way I do them, they are my own life choices and no one but me, my family and my friends deserve an applause for the contribution !!!
And I say it again, it was hard , very hard for all of us to carve this path that I walk on today , with complete honesty and honour !
The day you are independent , socially and financially is the day you learn how important it is to have a goal and focus else you will be lost ! Because no , we don't have a golden spoon to feed us , it's just raw hard work and struggle which will help you shine some day !
I take this time today, to wish you a very " Happy Birthday Father "
If it was not for your struggles that I have seen you going through , I would never become what I am today ! I have nothing but utmost respect that even with the most minimal resources you never quit, and put your heart and soul to give everything in your reach and beyond to fulfill the dreams of your family !
And and rest , I wish you all the best for whatever life journeys you have embarked upon , I wish you reach your destiny successfully and achieve what you desired !!
P.S: All my lil kiddos out there who tell me, Didi/sister , I wish we could be like you, no you shouldn't be , cuz you only need to be yourself , find your own path and start your own journey !!

1 comment:

ankurch4 said...

No comments on the post. It is a little surprising.
An inspiring piece for any person starting a new life in a new country with limited resources.